Brooksville Main Street Vying for $25K Cash Prize
Vote now to advance Brooksville Main Street to the next round
On February 24, Independent We Stand, a national small business movement, kicked-off its fifth annual America’s Main Streets contest to help consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes.
Brooksville Main Street is among this year’s nominees. You can vote for Brooksville Main Street by clicking here.
“Our Independent We Stand America’s Main Streets contest gives small business owners the opportunity to share their Main Street stories nationwide”, says Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “But we know it takes a community to make that possible, so we’re inviting consumers to help recognize their favorite indie businesses.”
Brooksville Main Street Vying for $25K Cash Prize in National Contest Recognizing America’s Main Streets
Brooksville Main Street is a division of the Brooksville Vision Foundation that encourages quality economic development through promoting the city, hosting events, coordinating volunteerism, preserving historic structures, and beautification of the Main Street corridor.
Main Street is accomplished in partnership with the City of Brooksville and Hernando County governments and is a certified member of Florida Main Street and National Main Street.
Brooksville Main Street Executive Director Natalie Kahler is pleased by the number of votes from the public Brooksville has already received. “I am encouraged by the way our community has come together during this unprecedented crisis in our nation. Winning this award will greatly impact our ability to rebuild our business community.”
The first round of voting in the contest began as soon as Brooksville Main Street was nominated and runs through April 19. All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com.
- Feb. 24 to April 19: “America’s Main Streets” nominations and quarterfinalist voting
- Mar. 16-20: The Great American “West Coast Cruisin’” road trip
- April 27 to May 24: “America’s Main Streets” semi-finalist voting
- June 2: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- Free One Day Downtown Assessment from Flip This Town
- Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
- PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- A special plaque for the winner to proudly display