14112 8th Street
The mission of The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce is “to promote economic growth and quality of life in the greater Dade City area”.
The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce has been operating as a successful trade association organization for over 50 years. We now represent over 430 business, associations, non-profits and individuals throughout Pasco County.
There is Value in Joining Your Chamber. Businesses and organizations find the Chamber an effective and affordable method of connecting with the community, potential customers and possible business associates – regardless of geographical distance – we are all interconnected today. Why Join A Chamber (document)
Some of the initiatives of the Chamber:
- Economic Development functions including downtown economic and vision studies, partnership with the Pasco Economic Development Council, cooperative actions with the Downtown Merchanants Association, the City, the Dade City Business Center, SMARTstart Dade City Incubator, the higher education institutions, realtors and developers focusing on the future of our community.
- Business Expo management and coordination featuring the opportunity for businesses to showcase their products and services through business to business and business to consumer opportunities. (Held the 2nd Thursday in November from 4-7 pm inthe Dan Cannon Auditorium at the Pasco County Fairgrounds).
- Business Development support of the City of Dade City through promotion of the destination, hosting business development website, managing the Community Calendar and coordinating with other local venues and organizations to increase awareness and promote an “open for business” feel in our community on a daily basis.
- Event Management including hosting, promoting and assisting in events that feature our community and offer business promotion and potential return sales to our contribitors. Most prevelent is the Annual Kumquat Festival® which draws upwards of 40,000 visitors and provides a $100,000 cooperative marketing campaign to our sponsors.
- Candidate Forum production, administration and promotion in order for our members and the public to become familiar with the candidates and their positions at all levels of government.
- Educational Scholarship Program, which funds and administers the process which supports local high school graduates and we host the Citizen of the Month program for deserving local students.
- Tourism support for our area through partnerships with Pasco County and Visit Florida.
- Annual Community Awards selection, production and administration.
- Giving Back – purchased a mobile command center for the Dade City Police Department, Picnic Tables for the City to use, event equipment, contributed to Habitat, Boys and Girls Club and others.