Chinsegut Hill Retreat seeks Part-Time Maintenance Employee
Chinsegut Hill Retreat and Conference Center is a beautiful, historic location just north of Brooksville off US 41. The complex is located on 115 acres of hilltop with seven cabins, a dining hall, and conference room. The property is run by Mid-Florida Community Services, and they recently posted a position for a part-time maintenance employee.
Below is the job description. You can apply by clicking here.
Performs work involving varied semi-skilled and skilled work in the maintenance of buildings, landscape, and equipment. Duties may involve following a maintenance schedule; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing new equipment; and, repairing buildings, floors, deck areas or stairs. Performs routine manual tasks in maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary conditions, and appearance of buildings, landscaping, and grounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs routine maintenance work on equipment, furniture, windows, doors, shelves, floors, security screens, and other fixtures. Performs routine maintenance plumbing work such as unstopping toilets and drains, replacing faucets, and valves and washers. Performs routine maintenance electrical work such as replacing light bulbs, outlets, switches, replacing smoke alarm batteries, etc.
- Performs maintenance and/or repair work in internal rooms, halls, restrooms, and offices; routine cleaning of floors, carpets, external walls, siding, gutters, roofs, and metal-work; maintains ground areas including sidewalks, common ground areas, deck/porch areas, trail maintenance, and trash pick-up, etc.
- Assists Retreat Manager with event preparations, event setup, and/or event breakdown; assists with tables, chairs, other event equipment, etc.
- Landscaping duties, routine spraying for insects, tree trimming, mulching, weeding, etc.
- Inspects and reports facility concerns to Retreat Manager.Reports any incidents or emergency to Retreat Manager.
- Participates and works as a team-player with all staff, including but not limited to: Retreat Manager, co-workers, and supervisor/management.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Uses and follows the policies/procedures of Mid Florida Community Services, Inc., including but not limited to Personnel Policies and Occupational Health and Safety Policies.
Performs any additional duties as directed or assigned by supervisor, management staff, program director or Mid Florida Community Services, Inc., management staff. This description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.Qualifications
Chinsegut Retreat Center seeks part-time Maintenance Employer
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Past experience and interest in grounds cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
Licenses & Certifications: Valid Florida Driver’s license, be able to operate a motor vehicle, and be insurable by company’s current insurance carrier. Subject to Federal, State, and Local legal requirements/background checks/clearance for working with children, elderly, and disabled.
CRITICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES & EXPERTISE:
Physical Requirements: Standing, use of hands and fingers, walking and talking are constant. Good eyesight (with corrective device) and good hearing (with corrective device) are essential. Ability to distinguish colors. Sitting, stretching/reaching, bending at waist, turning, balancing, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting, handling, and grasping, use of depth perception is constant. Medium (up to 30 lbs.) lifting/carrying is constant. Driving a vehicle is frequent. Heavy (greater than 30 lbs.) lifting/carrying is frequent.
Equipment: Basic hand tools – drill motor, impact wrench, regular wrench, hammer, pliers, belt clamps, telephone/radio, personal computer, other related office equipment. Basic landscape tools – shovel, rake, trowel, hand cultivator, pruners and shears, weedwhacker, leaf blower, lawn edger, saw/pole saw/chainsaw, pole pruner, hedge trimmer, wheelbarrow (or equivalent), broom, pressure washer, riding mower, and gardening hose. A golf cart. A log splitter. Use of 6’ – 12’ ladder. Use of electrostatic backpack sprayer.
Safety Equipment: Safe, closed-toe shoes; safety glasses; gloves.
Skills & Expertise: Ability to work with limited direction. Ability to arrive to work daily and on time. Skill in completing work with a high degree of accuracy. Skill in paying attention to details. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing. Ability to establish effective working relationships with people. Ability to use and operate basic landscape and hand tools, a personal computer, and related office equipment. Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time. Ability to write clearly and concisely. Ability to be reliable, responsible, and accountable.
Location: Chinsegut Hill Retreat and Conference Center.
Work Environment: Constantly indoors and outdoors; frequently utilizing a vehicle/golf cart. Work alone and with others is constant. Work in heat, cold, or wet conditions is frequent. Exposure to natural resources, exotic species, and native plants, and animals are constant. Exposure to insecticides and chemicals is frequent.