Citrus County to begin removal of Storm Debris Oct. 2
Anticipating that there will be significant amounts of natural vegetation tree debris generated from the impact of Hurricane Irma, and to facilitate the clean-up, we are asking all citizens to follow these guidelines:
- Crews will begin storm generated vegetative debris collection on October 2, 2017.
- Only storm generated natural vegetation will be collected.
- Please bring all storm generated natural vegetation to the curbside as quickly as possible.
- Do not pile storm generated vegetative debris around mailboxes, water meters, fire hydrants, next to fences, cars, telephone poles or under guide wires.
- Do not pile storm generated vegetative debris in the road.
- If you decide to perform your own clean-up and drive items to the landfill, you will be charged the normal prices.
- Storm related vegetative debris removed by contractors is not eligible for pick-up.
- The debris pick-up only includes residential properties located on County maintained roadways at this time. Private roadway pick-up must be authorized by FEMA.