Citrus County Board Members Sought
Accepting Applications for a Vacancy on the Water & Wastewater Authority
The Citrus County Board of County Commissioners is seeking applications for two Technical members (four-year term) and one Alternate Member (one-year term) to serve on the Citrus County Water & Wastewater Authority. This board provides for regulation of private, for-profit water, bulk water and wastewater utilities within the unincorporated areas of Citrus County. The terms for the two Technical Member positions will be for four years, beginning on February 1, 2018 and ending on January 31, 2022. The term for the Alternate Member position will be for one year, begin on February 1, 2018 and will end on January 31, 2019. Applicants are required to be Citrus County residents and registered to vote in Citrus County.
The authority consists of five members; three members are technical members and two members are lay members. The lay member positions are appointed based on individual civic pride and integrity. Experience in any area of relevant utility service and management, rate making, utility regulation or other endeavors is required for Technical Members, but applicants for the alternate member position are not required to have the same area of expertise as technical members. The Water & Wastewater Authority meets quarterly at 1:00 pm. on the first Monday of February, May, August and November at the Lecanto Government Building in Lecanto.
Applications will be accepted until November 28, 2017. Applications which meet the eligibility requirements will be forwarded to the Board of County Commissioners for evaluation, nomination and selection. Applications can be found at http://www.citrusbocc.com/commissioners/advboards/advisory-board-application.pdf and completed applications should be sent to Citrus County Administration, 3600 W. Sovereign Path Suite 267, Lecanto FL 34461.
Citrus County Accepting Applications for Transportation Disadvantaged Coordinating Board
The Citrus County Board of County Commissioners is seeking applications to fill vacancies on the Transportation Disadvantaged Coordinating Board. This board is a policy making and consulting board that assists in establishing standards, advises on transportation management issues with regard to operating practices, and recommends changes to policy and practices.
The following are the current vacancies:
- Local Medical Community Representative – A representative of the local medical community, which may include, but not limited to, kidney dialysis centers, long term care facilities, assisted living facilities, hospitals, local health departments or other home and community based services, etc. (BOCC Appointed).
- Citizen Advocate – A representative in the county; one who must be a person who uses the transportation service(s) of the system as their primary means of transportation. (BOCC Appointed).
- Disabled Citizen – A person with a disability representing the disabled in the county. (BOCC Appointed).
- Regional Workforce for Development – A representative of the Regional Workforce Development Board established in Chapter 445, Florida Statutes. (Agency Appointment).
- Agency of Health Care Administration – A local representative of the FL Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency Appointment).
- Florida Department of Transportation – A local representative of the FL Department of Transportation (Agency Appointment).
- Department of Elder Affairs – A local representative of the FL Department of Elder Affairs. (Agency Appointment).
- Florida Department of Children and Family Services – A local representative of the FL Department of Children and Family Services (Agency Appointment).
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services – In areas where they exist, a local representative of the FL Division
of Vocational Rehabilitation or the Division of Blind Services, representing the Department of Education.
All positions are for a 3 year term.
The Transportation Disadvantaged Coordinating Board meets every quarter at 10:30 am at the Citrus Transit Center, located at 1300 S. Lecanto Highway in Lecanto. Applicants are required to be Citrus County residents and registered to vote in Citrus County.
Applications must be received by December 31, 2017.
Applicants must indicate on the application for which position they are applying. Applications which meet the eligibility requirements will be forwarded to the Board of County Commissioners for evaluation, nomination and selection. Applications can be found at http://www.citrusbocc.com/commissioners/advboards/advisory-board-application.pdf and completed applications should be sent to Citrus County Administration, 3600 W. Sovereign Path, Lecanto, FL 34461.
Citrus County Accepting Applications for the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
Citrus County Housing Services would like to announce the terms of expiration/vacancy for seven positions on the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee:
- Citizen of Local Jurisdiction
- Employer Representative
- For-Profit Provider of Affordable Housing Representative
- Local Planning Agency Representative
- Low Income Advocate
- Not-for-Profit Provider of Affordable Housing
- Real Estate Professional
The Committee’s primary purpose and responsibility is to advise and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners, on matters related to the development and implementation of the local housing assistance plan created to make affordable residential units available to persons of very low, low and moderate income and to persons having special housing needs.
The current terms expire on January 31, 2018. The new terms will begin on February 1, 2018 and will be for two years expiring on January 31, 2020.
Applications and resumes are requested by December 1, 2017. Applications are available at the Housing Services Division located at 2804 W. Marc Knighton Ct, Lecanto, FL 34461, or online at http://www.citrusbocc.com/commissioners/advboards/advisory-board-application.pdf
For consideration of placement on the Advisory Committee, please send a completed application together with a recent resume to: Citrus County Board of County Commissioners, Attn: Denise Gallagher, Citrus County Administration, 3600 W. Sovereign Path, Suite 267, Lecanto, FL 34461.