Earth Day Celebration 4/22 in Crews Lake Wilderness Park
Celebrate Earth Day in Pasco County at Crews Lake Wilderness Park on Saturday, April 22, 2017. This fun, family event will take place from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the park, located at 16739 Crews Lake Drive in Spring Hill. This year marks Pasco County’s 22nd Earth Day celebration promoting environmental education, encouraging volunteerism and building commitment toward a greener community.
“We’re excited that the event will actually fall on Earth Day this year,” said Lottie Kelley, Event Chair for Earth Day. “This year, we’re adding the Suncoast Trail Earth Day Ride and Rick’s Raptor Rescue.”
Many other family-friendly activities will be available, including:
- children’s crafts and education displays
- interactive Water Ventures Learning Lab
- Florida Native Plant sale
- pet adoptions
- Ladybug release
- Upcycle vendors
- meet Spike – the 10-foot alligator from Croc Encounters
- household hazardous waste collection
- electronics recycling (2 TV’s free, additional TV’s $7)
- pill take-back program to get rid of expired or unwanted medications
- document shredding by Shred 360, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Limit 5 boxes/bags per person)
- mercury disposal (Bring old thermostats/thermometers and get a $5 gift card)
- Mary Giella Elementary School concessions/ PTA fundraiser
UF|IFAS Extension is offering two workshops: Rain Water Harvesting beginning at 10 a.m. and Composting at 12:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required for both workshops. Sign up online at: http://pasco.ifas.ufl.edu/events_calendar.shtml. Just click on April and scroll down to the event.
Pasco County’s Earth Day Celebration is an annual event, and is a partnership among Covanta Pasco Inc.; Keep Pasco Beautiful; Pasco County Utilities; Pasco County Recycling and Education; Pasco County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources; Pasco County UF|IFAS Extension and the Pasco County School Board.
For more information about Earth Day and Keep Pasco Beautiful, click here: http://keeppascobeautiful.org.
The mission of Keep Pasco Beautiful is to promote better methods to reduce litter and waste, to recycle, and to landscape and beautify our neighborhoods for the environmental health and economic benefit of Pasco County, Florida.
*Photos courtesy of Brian Wade.