Emergency Management Weather Alert for the Withlacoochee River area
The National Weather Service (NWS) has extended the Flood Warning for the Withlacoochee River at Trilby until Friday, 9/7/18 at 8:00 a.m. At this location, the river is at 12.07 feet which is near the low end of Minor Flood stage. At Croom, the river was last observed at 8.59 feet (Action Stage) and not forecasted to rise to minor flood stage.
CURRENT ROAD CLOSURES
- Sudan Dr. in Ridge Manor
- Meridian St. in Ridge Manor
- WPA Road about 100 feet south of the Mondon Hill/WPA intersection
- Packingham Dr. from Richardson Blvd. to Rose Bloom Ave.
- Cockleberry Dr. from N. Canal St. to Rose Bloom Ave.
- Rose Bloom Ave.
- Coley St. from Shasta St. to Coral Rock Dr.
- Smallman St. from Teakwood Dr. to Karwich Ave.
- Since the river is about 3 feet higher than at this time last year, residents should remain vigilant for changing conditions. Any significant regional or local rainfall, could impact the river levels. Monitor river gauges at: http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=tbw
- Take the time to refresh your emergency supply kit before a tropical event threatens our area. For more information, visit http://www.HernandoCounty.us/EM
- Be prepared to evacuate to higher ground if necessary.
- Do not drive through standing water. Turn around, don’t drown.
Emergency Management will continue monitoring and will resume issuing alerts should conditions change. The Withlacoochee River at Trilby has been slowly receding and is expected to fall below minor flood stage by tomorrow morning; therefore, this will be the final update. Updated road closures information will be posted to: http://www.hernandocounty.us/departments/departments-a-e/emergency-management/emergency-information/road-closures