Celebrate America’s birthday in Anderson Snow Park with HITS 106, Hernando County Parks & Recreation and Great Bay Distributors. Live music by The Petty Hearts Tom Petty Tribute band, followed by a great fireworks show at 9 pm, and the incomparable Never Stop Believing Ultimate Journey Tribute band. Enjoy food… Read More
- This event has passed.
28th Annual Celebration of Lights
December 19, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 5:30 pm, repeating until December 24, 2018
One event on December 26, 2018 at 5:30 pm
The 28th Annual Celebration of Lights, featuring Sebastian Hawes’ Spectacular Synchronized Light and Sound Show along with nightly entertainment is one of the Nature Coast’s favorite holiday traditions, hosted by Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park and the Friends of Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park.
The event begins on Wednesday, Dec. 19 and runs nightly through Christmas Eve, Monday, Dec. 24, and again on Wednesday, Dec. 26. The park will open at 5:30 pm on these evenings and remain open until 9 pm. The Celebration of Lights will be closed on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 25.
The Friends of Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park appreciate the event sponsorships of A-Rock Electric, Citrus County Chronicle, Crystal Motor Car Company, The Royal Dalton House, Cody’s Roadhouse of Crystal River, Kane’s Ace Hardware, Walmart of Homosassa, Lowes of Inverness, Citrus 95.3 FM, Classic Hits 96.7 FM, and WWJB 1450AM.
The Celebration of Lights will feature the visual and audio talents of Sebastian Hawes through a unique synchronized light and sound extravaganza, turning the park’s Garden of the Springs into a spectacle of dancing light after dark. Nils Anderson and Sue Buchheister will emcee the event, presenting nightly entertainment and special guest appearances.
Glittering holiday lights, ornate decorations, and festive music will set the perfect atmosphere for creating a lasting holiday family memory. The Wildside Café will offer a selection of refreshments and the park’s Friends group will be selling popcorn in the Garden of the Springs.
A variety of energetic entertainment will be featured nightly in the Garden of the Springs:
- Wednesday, Dec. 19: The Celebration kicks off with Stan Prinston of the Flamingos. Entertainment is sponsored by A- Rock Electric of Floral City.
- Thursday, Dec. 20: Music of the Janis Joplin era by JoJo Jones. Santa arrives to visit with the children. Entertainment is sponsored by Crystal Motor Car Co. of Homosassa.
- Friday, Dec. 21: Music from the 50’s and 60’s plus Doo Wop by Chicago native Bill Castner. Santa arrives to visit with the children. Entertainment sponsored by the Royal Dalton House.
- Saturday, Dec 22: Music provided by Martin George performing a variety of your country favorites. Entertainment sponsored by Cody’s Roadhouse of Crystal River.
- Sunday, Dec 23: Celebrate a Cajun Christmas with Cajun Dave. Sponsored by Kane’s Ace Hardware of Homosassa.
- Monday, Dec. 24: The Nature Coast Church will present a non-denominational candlelight service in the Garden of the Springs. Followed by music of the holidays by TrinityAnn. Entertainment sponsored by Walmart of Homosassa and Lowes of Inverness.
- Wednesday, Dec 26: Join us for an After Christmas party with Host Nils Anderson and Sue Buchheister featuring entertainment by Billy “Elvis” Lindsey. Entertainment sponsored by A-Rock Electric of Floral City.
A donation of $7 for adults and $3 for children ages 3 through 12 is suggested. Children age 2 and younger are admitted free. For our visitors’ convenience, transportation will be provided via tram from the Visitor Center parking lot on U.S. 19 to the West entrance on Fishbowl Drive. For more information, contact the park office at 352-628-5343, Monday through Friday.
Image courtesy of Joe Dube.
NatureCoaster.com and our sponsors provide this calendar of events as a community service. We do our best to provide accurate information in each listing, but we are simply publishing the information and cannot be responsible for inaccuracies or errors. Please contact event promoters from their event listings for more details about any specific event. We do not cover political events.