Re-live days gone by at this annual event with historic tours, authentic folk vendors, entertainment, and delicious food throughout an historic town in Florida’s beautiful Nature Coast. Friday, December 6, you can join in Candles & Carols, an old-time Florida family gathering complete with music, carols, decorated historic homes, and… Read More
Welcome to this rustic craft distillery’s annual “Holiday Open House”. Enjoy top band performances by The Black Honkeys, The Greg Billings Band, and Barefoot Bob and the Hope, food trucks, sample pours of Wild Buck Whiskey and Mermaid Rum, a craft beer/wine garden, vendors, holiday gift baskets, holiday festivities, and… Read More
Classic Reflections Carriages is once again bringing traditional Christmas carriage rides to historic downtown Brooksville. Take in the sights and sounds of our magical historic downtown during this wondrous season. This year downtown Brooksville carriage rides will be available on December 12th, 19th, and 20th from 6 pm – 10… Read More
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever is a classic Christmas story that’s sure to give audiences the warm and fuzzies. It certainly did for directors Lindsay McTague and Katie Moore. (A tear or two may have been shed during the read-through of the script.) This contemporary story begins with an ordinary… Read More
One of Citrus County’s favorite holiday traditions, Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park and the Friends of Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park host the 29th Annual Celebration of Lights, featuring Sebastian Hawes’ Spectacular Synchronized Light and Sound Show along with nightly entertainment. The event begins on Thursday, Dec. 19 and… Read More
Celebration of Lights in the Wildlife Park
December 19 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 5:30 pm, repeating until December 26, 2019
One of Citrus County’s favorite holiday traditions, Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park and the Friends of Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park host the 29th Annual Celebration of Lights, featuring Sebastian Hawes’ Spectacular Synchronized Light and Sound Show along with nightly entertainment. The event begins on Thursday, Dec. 19 and runs nightly through Christmas Eve, Tuesday, Dec. 24, and again on Thursday, Dec. 26. The park will open at 5:30 pm on these evenings and remain open until 9 pm. The Celebration of Lights will be closed on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 25.
The Friends of Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park appreciate the event sponsorships of Citrus Kia of Crystal River, Cody’s Roadhouse of Crystal River, The Royal Dalton House of Homosassa, Kane’s Ace Hardware of Homosassa, RGA Media Systems of Hernando, Lowes of Inverness and Walmart of Homosassa.
The Celebration of Lights will feature the visual and audio talents of Sebastian Hawes through a unique synchronized light and sound extravaganza, turning the park’s Garden of the Springs into a spectacle of dancing light after dark. Nils Anderson and Sue Buchheister will emcee the event, presenting nightly entertainment and special guest appearances. Glittering holiday lights, ornate decorations, and festive music will set the perfect atmosphere for creating a lasting holiday family memory. The Wildside Café will offer a selection of refreshments and the park’s Friends group will be selling popcorn in the Garden of the Springs.
A variety of energetic entertainment will be featured nightly in the Garden of the Springs:
- Thursday, Dec. 19: The Celebration kicks off with Stan Prinston of the Flamingos. Entertainment is sponsored by Citrus Kia of Crystal River.
- Friday, Dec. 20: Country variety with Martin George. Santa arrives to visit with the children. Entertainment is sponsored by Cody’s Roadhouse of Crystal River.
- Saturday, Dec. 21: Music from the ’50s and ’60s plus Doo Wop by Chicago native Bill Castner. Santa arrives to visit with the children. Entertainment sponsored by The Royal Dalton House.
- Sunday, Dec 22: Music provided by “Little Miss Dynamite” Karen Kallin. Entertainment sponsored by Kane’s Ace Hardware of Homosassa.
- Monday, Dec 23: Music of the Janis Joplin era with JoJo Jones. Sponsored by RGA Media Systems of Hernando.
- Tuesday, Dec. 24: The Nature Coast Church will present a non-denominational candlelight service in the Garden of the Springs. Followed by music of the holidays by TrinityAnn Martinez. Entertainment sponsored by Lowes of Inverness.
- Thursday, Dec 26: Join us for an After Christmas party with Host Nils Anderson and Sue Buchheister featuring entertainment by Billy “Elvis” Lindsey. Entertainment sponsored by Walmart of Homosassa.
A donation of $7 for adults and $3 for children ages 3 through 12 is suggested. Children age 2 and younger are admitted free. For our visitors’ convenience, transportation will be provided via tram from the Visitor Center parking lot on U.S. 19 to the West entrance on Fishbowl Drive. For more information, contact the park office at 352-628-5343, Monday through Friday.
NatureCoaster.com and our sponsors provide this calendar of events as a community service. We do our best to provide accurate information in each listing, but we are simply publishing the information and cannot be responsible for inaccuracies or errors. Please contact event promoters from their event listings for more details about any specific event. We do not cover political events.