Southern Draft Horse Pull at 12 noon (Two weight classes lightweights (3400lbs and under) and heavyweights Quilt Show ALL day live entertainment food vendors blacksmith model trains demonstrations all museum buildings open with docents many in time period attire And more! Share this:… Read More
For nearly a year, the Gulf Archaeology Research Institute team has been excavating the grounds around Chinsegut Hill layer by layer to offer us a glimpse into the lives of indigenous peoples, enslaved people, and early settlers. Archaeologist Gary Ellis has more than 40 years of experience and has contributed… Read More
Get your mermaid tails ready… we are approaching the Florida Mermaid Trail Festival and Mobile Mural Unveiling happening on February 11th! Bring the kids out for a day of family-friendly fun. Read More
Embark on a nature walk through the grounds and trails of Chinsegut Hill Historic Site with Jim Davis, Director of the University of Florida’s IFAS Multi-County Extension, from 10 a.m. to noon on Jan. 18, Feb. 15, or March 22. The 2-hour hike covers the uneven and hilly ground around Chinsegut Hill. This… Read More
We’re ready for a VERY BERRY weekend as the Floral City Strawberry Festival returns for its 36th year in beautiful Floral Park. Produced by the Citrus County Chamber of Commerce and presented by Jenkins Automotive! Join us on March 4 and 5, 2023 for berries and pageants and pies (OH… Read More
Are you tired of the medical merry-go-round? Learn about a variety of local businesses and organizations that provide information, services, goods, and demonstrations of ways to enhance your health holistically at the First Annual Nature Coast Holistic Health Expo. Guest speakers will teach about mind shifting, medical marijuana, nutrition, and… Read More
Three Day Musical Weekend Under The Stars For All Ages. Blues Bash at the Ranch came about after the success of Camping with the Blues, held at Florida Sand Music Ranch in October each year. Greg Herndon and Paul Benjamin felt another blues festival would be the perfect addition to the ranch and… Read More
The Sound of Music, in collaboration with The Law Office of Paul H Nessler Jr, P.A., Karen E. Leonardo, Attorney at Law, will be performed by the Live Oak Theatre Mainstage from March 17 through April 2. The Sound of Music is a musical with music by Richard Rodgers, lyrics by… Read More
PLEASE CHECK WITH ANY EVENT BEFORE ATTENDING as we do not always receive notice of cancelation.
- This event has passed.
Christmas in Brooksville 2022
December 1, 2022 - December 23, 2022
Brooksville Main Street, with the help and support of many local businesses, residents, and volunteers is presenting a month of Christmas activities, kicking off December 1 with the downtown lighting of the tree.
Brooksville Christmas on Main Street Guide
- Dec. 1 from 4 – 9 pm – Christmas Tree Lighting at 6:45 pm at Hernando County Courthouse, live entertainment, 100 vendors, Patricia’s Windows come to Life, Santa for photos, Brooksville Woman’s Club open house, kids holiday crafts at Hogan Law Firm – streets closed in downtown area.
- Dec. 1 – 31 – Holiday trees light up and synchronized to music nightly starting at 6pm
- Dec. 10 from 10am – 2:30pm – Brooksville’s 48th Annual Christmas Parade sponsored by Brooksville Kiwanis Club – Main Street closed from Hernando High School through Broad Street. Broad Street closed from Main to Bell Ave.
- Dec. 14, 15, 21, 22 from 6 – 10pm – Christmas Carriage Rides $10-15 each. Historic narration available one ride per hour. Schedule online to ensure your ride. Main Street closed between Broad and Jefferson.
- Dec. 16 – 23 – The Keys to Christmas – follow Brooksville Main Street’s website or Facebook page for the daily clue. Solve the clue, visit the location, find the key and win a $25 gift card for a downtown Brooksville Business. Clues posted daily by noon on the website and social media. Then tag #WeloveBvl to share the love!
- Dec. 20 from 12-5pm – Family Christmas Festival and Sensory-Sensitive Santa Experience in Hernando Park. Bring your special needs children between 12-2pm for a special time with Santa, crafts, a petting zoo and pony rides. From 2-5, family festival includes all the same things, only louder.
- Dec. 21-22 from 6-9pm – Brooksville’s homeowners along South Brooksville Avenue will decorate their homes for the holidays, providing games, snacks, crafts, and who knows what.
NatureCoaster.com and our partners provide this calendar of events as a community service. We do our best to provide accurate information in each listing, but we are simply publishing the information and cannot be responsible for inaccuracies or errors. Please contact event promoters from their event listings for more details about any specific event. We do not cover political events.