Florida Loquat Mini Festival returns to New Port Richey
The Florida Loquat Festival returns to Downtown New Port Richey with the theme, “Back to the Future” as a Mini-Festival, maintaining a New Port Richey tradition.
Good news for loquat fans in the Tampa Bay Region. The Florida Loquat Festival will return on March 20, 23, 28, and April 3, 2021.
This year, the celebration of this distinctive local fruit will occur over a two-week period at a variety of locations in New Port Richey. This is being presented as a “mini-festival,” and celebration series.
Each celebration will be on a small scale and of limited duration. Participants will observe CDC guidelines – we ask all involved to wear masks and maintain reasonable distance for safety and to ease the health concerns of others.
2021 Florida Loquat (mini) Festival Dates, Locations & Times
- March 20 (12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m.) Rose’s Bistro – 6238 Grand Blvd, New Port Richey
- March 23 (10 a.m. to 12: noon) New Port Richey Library – 5939 Main Street, New Port Richey
- March 28 (11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) Wright’s Natural Market – 5800 Main Street, New Port Richey
- April 3 (12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m.) Cotee River Brewery – 5760 Main Street, New Port Richey
We will strive to offer the following items at each location on each day of the celebration:
- Fresh Loquats
- Loquat Preserves (jellies, jams, compotes)
- Loquat Pastries
- Loquat Trees (seedlings to saplings to small mature trees)
- Loquat Festival T-Shirts
* On April 3 and later: Loquat Beer and Loquat Tea
We have confirmed participation for one or more events:
- Friendship Farms – Trees
- New Port Richey FarmNet – Fruit
- Lisa B’s baked goods – Pastries
- Effie Dimitria Trihas – Preserves
- Lori Peterson – Preserves
- Barbara Klepper, Organic Presence – Preserves
- White Heron Tea House – Tea
- Cotee River Brewery – Beer
- Wright’s Natural Market – Smoothies and Fruit
- Rose’s Bistro – Loquat Pies