Hernando Citrus September Meeting Summary
The Hernando/Citrus Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) met on September 10, 2020, in a public meeting at the Hernando County Government Center John Law Ayers County Commission Chambers, 20 N Main Street, Room 160, Brooksville, FL. The points of interest from the meeting are below:
Hernando Citrus Metropolitan Planning Organization September Meeting Summary
• The MPO Board received the West Central Florida MPO Chairs Coordinating Committee’s Transportation Regional Incentive Program (TRIP) Project Priority List and Multiuse Trail Priority Lists for FDOT Districts 1 and 7.
• The Transportation Impact Fee Update Study (2020), performed for Hernando County, was provided to the Board members for informational purposes.
• The Hernando County Transit Development Plan (TDP) Annual Progress Report 2020 was provided to the MPO Board for informational purposes.
• The MPO Board heard about a request, made by a citizen, to check on the need for street lighting at the intersection of US 19 and Centralia, and US 19 and Knuckey Road. A warrant study was performed by FDOT, who determined street lighting at this location did not meet warrants, although an MSBU is an option.
• The Board discussed the MPO budget and issues relating to the reimbursable grant funding. A discussion of how to equitably divide the responsibility of financially supporting the MPO scopes and projects as outlined in the UPWP will be discussed further the next meeting on November 12, 2020.
• The Annual Roll-Forward Amendment to the Adopted FY 2021 – FY 2025 Transportation Program (TIP) was approved by the Board.
• The Board approved two General Planning Consultant Services Contracts for Kimley Horn and Associates Inc. and for Tindale Oliver and Associates, Inc.
• The Board members discussed the Executive Director Succession Plan. The Board requested that the matter be further discussed at the next board meeting on November 12, 2020.
• The Board agreed to cancel the October 8th MPO meeting.
The next MPO meeting is scheduled for:
Thursday, November 12, 2020, at 1:30 pm in the Hernando County Government Center John Law Ayers County Commission Chambers 20 N Main Street, Rm 160 Brooksville, FL
Please Contact the Hernando/Citrus MPO at (352) 754-4082 for more information