Hernando County Board Vacancies
The Hernando Board of County Commissioners is now accepting applications from individuals wishing to serve on the following County Boards and the following positions, which will become vacant as of December 31, 2016:
- The Board of Construction and Regulation is seeking six positions, including: one consumer position, one general contractor position, one electrical contractor position, one roofing contractor and two engineer positions (of which one can be an architect).
- The Fine Arts Council is seeking five positions.
- The Library Advisory Committee is seeking two positions.
- Port Authority is seeking two positions.
- The Tourist Development Council is seeking two positions, including: one accommodation owner/operator representative collecting the Tourist Tax and one representative involved in tourism not collecting the Tourist Tax.
All applicants must be residents and registered voters in Hernando County. All roles are voluntary, non-paid positions and may be designated as an alternate member position. Applications are available or by visiting our website at www.hernandocounty.us/bocc/committees.htm or by calling (352) 540-6426.
Applications must be returned to the County Administrator’s Office, 20 North Main St. Brooksville, FL 34601, no later than 5 p.m., on Friday, November 4, 2016.
For further information about a specific board or committee, please contact the Office of Public Information at (352)540-6426.