Hernando County government offices will be closed to observe the upcoming holidays:
* Friday, December 23, and Monday, December 26, 2016 in observance of Christmas
* Monday, January 2, 2017 in observance of New Year’s Day
All Hernando County Solid Waste facilities will also be closed December 26, 2016 and January 2, 2017. The holiday trash collection schedule is as follows:
There will be no trash or recycling picked up on:
* Day after Christmas, Monday, December 26, 2016
* Day after New Year’s Day, Monday, January 2, 2017
Trash and recycling will be picked up on the next regularly scheduled service date as follows:
* Christmas trash will be picked up on Thursday, December 29 (double pickup)
* New Year’s trash will be picked up on Thursday, January 5 (double pickup)
* Both Christmas & New Year’s recycle will be picked up on Monday, January 9 (triple pickup)
What to expect on double and triple pick up days:
Due to the increased volume of trash and recycling following a holiday, Republic Services will be working extra hard to ensure that all customers are serviced. Please expect the following on the double and triple pick up days:
* Your trash may be picked up earlier or later than the usual time so please set at curb before 6 a.m.
* Extra trucks may be working in your neighborhood
* Trucks may run late into the evening beyond normal work hours
* Your trash or recycling may be picked up the next business day
We encourage communities to be patient and work with Republic in allowing the additional time necessary to complete pick up. In the event that Republic is unable to pick up all of the trash, recycling or yard waste following a holiday, the waste or recycling will be picked up on the next business day.
2017 Holiday Schedule:
There will be no trash service and the landfill is closed on the following holidays: Day after New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Christmas tree disposal:
Live Christmas trees may be disposed of on yard waste day, which is every Wednesday, if they are cut to less than four-foot lengths and cleaned of all Christmas decorations, including tinsel.
Artificial Christmas tree segments under four feet long and decorations may be disposed of on your regularly scheduled trash day.
Please contact Republic Services at 1-800-282-9820 if you have questions.