Hernando County Holiday Trash collection Schedule
The Hernando County Solid Waste and Recycling Department announces the following holiday trash collection schedule.
There will be no trash or recycling picked up on:
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Christmas Day, Monday, December 25, 2017
- New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1, 2018
Trash and recycling will be picked up on the next regularly scheduled service date as follows:
- Thanksgiving trash will be picked up on Monday, November 27 (double pickup)
- Thanksgiving recycle will be picked up on Thursday, November 30 (double pickup)
- Christmas trash will be picked up on Thursday, December 28 (double pickup)
- New Year’s trash will be picked up on Thursday, January 4 (double pickup)
- Both Christmas & New Year’s recycle will be picked up on Monday, January 8 (triple pickup)
What to expect on double and triple pick up days:
Due to the increased volume of trash and recycling following a holiday, Republic Services will be working extra hard to ensure that all customers are serviced. Please expect the following on the double and triple pick up days:
- Your trash or recycling may be picked up earlier or later than the usual time, so please set at the curb before 6 a.m.
- Extra trucks may be working in your neighborhood
- Trucks may run late into the evening beyond normal work hours
- Your trash or recycling may be picked up the next business day
We encourage communities to be patient and work with Republic by allowing the additional time necessary to complete pick up. If Republic is unable to pick up all of the trash, recycling or yard waste following a holiday, it will be picked up on the next business day.
All Hernando County Solid Waste facilities will also be closed on November 23, December 25, 2017 and January 1, 2018.
2017-2018 Holiday Schedule:
There will be no trash service and the landfill is closed on the following holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day and Independence Day
Christmas tree disposal:
Live Christmas trees may be disposed of on yard waste day, which is every Wednesday. Trees must be cut into four-foot pieces and cleaned of all Christmas decorations, including tinsel.
Artificial Christmas tree segments under four feet and decorations may be disposed of on your regularly scheduled trash day.
Please contact Republic Services at 1-800-282-9820 if you have questions.