Hernando County government offices and solid waste facilities will be closed Monday, May 29, 2017, in observance of Memorial Day. There will be no trash or recycling collection on Memorial Day.
Trash and recycling will be collected on your next regularly scheduled service date as follows:
- Trash will be picked up on Thursday, June 1
- Recycle will be picked up on Monday, June 5
What to expect on your next regularly scheduled service day after a holiday:
Due to the increased volume of trash and recycling following a holiday, Republic will be working extra hard to ensure that all customers are serviced.
- Your trash or recycling may be collected earlier or later than the usual time (please make sure to set out at the curb before 6 a.m.)
- Extra trucks may be working in your neighborhood
- Trucks may run late into the evening beyond normal work hours
- Your trash or recycling may be collected the next business day (trash June 2, recycle June 6)
We encourage communities to work with Republic in allowing the additional time necessary to complete pick up so that residents receive service on their normally scheduled day. If Republic is unable to collect all the trash, recycling or yard waste following a holiday, the waste will be picked up on the next business day.
2017 Holiday Schedule (No Service and Landfill is closed): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Please contact Republic Services at 800-282-9820 if you have any questions or concerns regarding your trash service.