Hernando County under Once-a-Week Watering Restriction
The Hernando County Utilities Department (HCUD) would like to inform its customers that the most recent bill, dated March 9, 2018, provided incorrect watering day information for 15,000 customers. This bill mistakenly stated that residents could water twice per week; however, the entire county is under once-a-week watering restrictions.
Please disregard the watering day instruction erroneously provided on your water bill dated March 9, 2018. The correct watering day instructions are below:
CURRENT WATERING RESTRICTIONS
Address numbers ending with:
- 0 or 1 may water on MONDAY before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- 2 or 3 may water on TUESDAY before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- 4 or 5 may water on WEDNESDAY before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- 6 or 7 may water on THURSDAY before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- 8 or 9 may water on FRIDAY before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
Areas with no address or multiple addresses (common grounds, shopping plazas, etc.) may water on FRIDAY. Homeowners Associations – please check with your organization or property manager for your specific schedule.