Hurricane updates for Hernando County
Hernando County Emergency Management announces the following hurricane updates:
* Challenger K-8, 13400 Elgin Blvd., Spring Hill, 34609, is at capacity for general public as of 7 p.m. Sept. 9. They are accepting special needs only.
* West Hernando Middle School, 14325 Ken Austin Parkway, Brooksville, 34613, is open for general population.
* Nature Coast Technical High School, 4057 California St., Spring Hill, 34604, is open to general population and pet friendly. You must bring a carrier/kennel.
* Explorer K-8, 10252 Northcliff Blvd., Spring Hill, 34608, is open to general population.
* Hernando High School, 700 Bell Ave., Brooksville, 34601, is at capacity and closing doors at 8 p.m. today.
* D. S. Parrott Middle School, 19220 Youth Dr., Brooksville, 34601, is at capacity and closed.
* Judge Merritt Jr. has cancelled all courts and the 5th Circuit Judiciary will be closed Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
Board of County Commissioners:
* The Tuesday, September 12, 2017, Board of County Commission (BOCC) regular meeting and budget hearing will be rescheduled for Tuesday, September 19, 2017. The regular meeting will be held at 9 a.m. and the budget hearing time will be announced. BOCC employees must still report to work unless otherwise notified.