J G Farm: U-Pick and Fresh Produce Update
CURRENT HOURS: THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY, 9AM – 4PM
U-PICK: Blackberries $4.00 per pound
WE PICK: Blackberries $6.00 per pound (Must call in advance)
June 30, 2016
Well it is getting close to that time of year when the crops are done and we close down till the fall. There are still lots of blackberries left for picking. Our sweet corn is pretty much done, but we will have Plant City Farmer’s Market corn for this 4th of July weekend. Our watermelon have finally decided to ripen, think all that rain the first part of June slowed them down. As always there are plenty of fresh pasture raised chicken eggs available. Am getting about 2 dozen a day and new chicks will be here next month.
After the 4th of July, if there are any blackberries still left, we will be open Saturday mornings 8 AM to 1 PM or by appointment till the 17th. Please call before coming to make sure there are berries.
The fall schedule looks like this:
- October/November will be the Fall Family Fun Maze and other activities along with a pumpkin patch and sweet corn.
- December to April will start the strawberries (40,000+ plants have been ordered) and fall vegetable crops.
- Mid-March to May blueberries will be back along with the spring vegetable crops,
- May/June will be the Spring Family Fun Maze and other activities.
- Mid-May to July blackberries, sweet corn & watermelon.
- Remember you can get fresh eggs any time during the Summer by just calling.
- Thanks for coming to visit us and have a great Summer!