National Weather Service Issues Frost Advisory for Hernando County
The National Weather Service has issued a Frost Advisory for Hernando County. A cold area of high pressure will build over the region late tonight into early Tuesday. This will bring clear skies and diminishing winds allowing for rapid cooling after sunset with the potential for near freezing temperatures and frost Tuesday morning.
• Temperatures are forecasted to be near freezing.
• Frost Advisory in effect for Hernando County from 3 a.m. until 8 a.m. Tuesday morning.
• Residents are urged to actively monitor their favorite news station or the National Weather Service at (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/).
• Residents should stay indoors and cover or move plants that are sensitive to cold indoors.
• Bring pets inside to protect them from the cold.
• Individuals that need to seek shelter from the cold may contact Jericho Road Ministries for assistance:
1090 Mondon Hill Road
Brooksville, FL 34605
Phone: (352) 799-2912, Ext. 103
1163 Howell Ave.
Brooksville, FL 34601
Phone: (352) 799-2912, Ext. 109
Hernando County Emergency Management will continue to monitor the situation. The EOC is not activated. Use normal office numbers to contact the EM staff. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.