Open auditions for the Live Oak Theatre Repertory Company
Open auditions for the Live Oak Theatre repertory company and 2019-2020 season will be held on Thursday, June 13, from 6 pm until 8 pm at the Carol and Frank Morsani Center for the Performing Arts 21030 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, FL 34601.
Open Auditions for 2019-2020 Live Oak Theatre Season
Auditions for all season productions will be held at that time. Those who audition should prepare 16 bars from a song that shows their strengths and vocal range. A less than two-minute monologue is recommended but is not required. Cold readings will only be used for callbacks.
Children, young adults and their parents who have no prior experience with Live Oak Theatre should have completed Live Oak Theatre’s orientation program. The program consists of two, one and a half hour classes held from 6:30 to 8 pm on Thursday, June 6 and Tuesday, June 11. Both sessions are required to audition.
To register for orientation, contact the box office at [email protected] or call 352-593-0027.
Members of Live Oak Theatre’s repertory company who have participated in last season’s productions need not attend open auditions. Simply indicate your interest in participating in this year’s production.
All principal roles for the 2019-2020 season will be cast from these auditions. Members of Live Oak Theatre who wish to be considered for callbacks should contact [email protected].
Live Oak Theatre’s 2019 expanded season consists of the following:
- Cheaper by the Dozen on September 13, 14, 15, 20, 21 & 22
- The Little Mermaid on November 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 and 24
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever on December 13, 14 and 15
- Around the World in 80 Days – an original musical adaptation of the classic family favorite on March 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28 and 29
- Live Oak Goes to the Movies – a musical tribute to our favorite family-friendly movies. April 24, 25, 26, May 1, 2 and 3