Pasco County Open Shelters for Irma
Shelters are filling/accepting pets
Here is the latest list of open shelters in Pasco County for residents needing to seek shelter from Hurricane Irma:
SHELTERS ACCEPTING PETS:
- Sanders Elementary, 5126 School Road, Land O Lakes
- Oakstead Elementary, 19925 Lake Patience Rd., Land O Lakes
- Connerton Elementary, 9300 Flourish Dr., Land O Lakes
- Pine View Elementary, 5333 Parkway Blvd., Land O Lakes
- Veterans Elementary, 26940 Progress Parkway, Wesley Chapel
- Seven Oaks Elementary, 27633 Mystic Oak Blvd., Wesley Chapel
- Double Branch Elementary, 31500 Chancey Rd., Wesley Chapel
- Pasco Middle School, 13925 14th St., Dade City
- James W. Mitchell High School, 2323 Little Rd, New Port Richey
- Fivay High School, 12115 Chicago Ave., Hudson
- River Ridge Middle/High School, 11646 Town Center Rd., New Port Richey
- Longleaf Elementary School, 3253 Town Ave., New Port Richey
- Odessa Elementary School, 12810 Interloken Rd., New Port Richey
- Schrader Elementary School, 11041 Little Rd., New Port Richey
- Trinity Elementary School, 2209 Duck Slough Blvd., New Port Richey
- New River Elementary School, 4710 River Glen Blvd., Wesley Chapel
- Thomas E. Weightman Middle School, 30649 Wells Rd., Wesley Chapel
- Raymond B. Stewart Middle School, 38505 10th Ave., Zephyrhills
- Wiregrass Ranch High School, 2909 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel
*Registered sex offenders will be housed at this site, at a different location
*Special needs and the general population can also be housed at this site
*Attention Pet Owners: Shelters are out of pet crates. If you don’t have a crate, your pet must be on a leash and stay with you the entire time. There is no weight/size limit for dogs. If you have an aggressive dog (or any pet with previous aggression issues), please think twice about using the shelter or make sure the pet is muzzled. Cats and other small pets must be in secured in a crate or other means of control. Click here for a list of pet supplies and other helpful information: http://bit.ly/2xRm5qJ.
SHELTERS NOT ACCEPTING PETS:
- Centennial Middle School, 38505 Centennial Rd., Dade City (At capacity for pets.)
- Sunlake High School, 3023 Sunlake Blvd., Land O Lakes
SHELTERS THAT ARE FULL:
- Wesley Chapel High School at 30651 Wells Rd., Wesley Chapel is no longer accepting general population evacuees as it is being used to house skilled nursing facility patients.
- Mike Fasano Regional Hurricane Shelter, 11611 Denton Ave., Hudson is at capacity.
Citizens should first attempt to find shelter with neighbors, relatives or friends. If that is not an option, citizens can self-evacuate to the shelter. For assistance getting to a shelter, call Pasco County Customer Service at 727.847.2411.
Visit www.pascocountyfl.net for updates on Hurricane Irma and for the latest actions Pasco County is taking. Citizens are also encouraged to visit the Pasco County Emergency Management website for more information about preparing for hurricanes or other disasters: pascoemergencymanagement.com.