Florida under State of Emergency as Hurricane Irma Approaches
As Hurricane Irma approaches Florida, Pasco County Government is opening sandbag stations to help residents protect their property from potential flooding. Sandbag operations will begin today, Tuesday, September 5, 2017, beginning immediately. The following locations will be open 24 hours a day, until further notice:
- West Pasco Government Center, 7356 State Street, New Port Richey
- Mitchell Park, 4825 Little Road, New Port Richey
- Fire Station #17, 2951 Seven Springs Blvd, New Port Richey
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course Clubhouse, 7223 Massachusetts Ave, New Port Richey
- Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Rd, Hudson
- C-Barn, 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
- Dade City Police Dept., 38042 Pasco Ave., Dade City
- Land O’ Lakes Rec Center, 3032 Collier Pkwy, Land O’ Lakes
- Wesley Chapel District Park, 7727 Boyette Rd, Wesley Chapel
- Zephyrhills Fire Station, 6907 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills
* Sandbag locations are self-serve and are open to Pasco County residents. Residents should be prepared to fill their own sandbags, although various sandbag sites might have inmate assistance available. Sandbags are provided, but residents are encouraged to bring their own shovels.
For more information about preparing for flooding, hurricanes or other disasters can go to the Pasco Emergency Management webpage at: www.pascoemergencymanagement.com.
The Pasco County Customer Service line is open through 5 p.m. Please call 727.847.2411 with any questions or concerns.