Pasco County Update on Tropical Storm Colin
Pasco County Emergency Officials are sending 30 Assessment Teams into neighborhoods Tuesday to help citizens who might need assistance with things like water, food or help relocating due to flooding. The teams will also inspect buildings and property for any damage. Teams are meeting at 8620 Galen Wilson Blvd., New Port Richey, Tuesday, June 7, 2016, at 9:30 a.m.
Here is a list of the latest information from Pasco County:
- Tropical Storm warning is cancelled; locally heavy rains still possible with potential river flooding through Wednesday
- Emergency Operation Center is fully-activated; expected scale-down by Tuesday afternoon
- All Government offices, schools and bus routes are open, except for Parks’ Recreation Centers
- All major roadways are open in Pasco County
- Utilities are reporting all electricity service in Pasco County has been restored
- 11,000 sandbags filled Monday; for a storm event total of 30,000
- 8 sandbag stations are open: http://www.pascocountyfl.net/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1386
- Pasco County Customer Service took 983 phone calls Monday; for a storm event total of 1,124
If you have questions or to report storm damage, please call Pasco County customer service at 727.847.2411. If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Photo courtesy of Joe Dube