Sandbag Stations open in Pasco and Citrus Counties
Two Citrus County Sandbag Sites Open
Two Citrus County sandbagging sites are open from 9:00am to 7:00pm, Monday, October 8, and from 8:00am to 8:00pm, Tuesday, October 9. Additional days and time to be announced.
The locations are as follows:
- AREA 1: 4508 S. Grandmarch Ave. Homosassa (Near Grover Cleveland Blvd.)
- AREA 5: 7490 W. Gulf to Lake Hwy. Crystal River (Near Dan’s Clam Stand – on opposite side of road)
***There is a limit of 25 bags per vehicle***
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Road maintenance Office at 527-7610.
Updates and information will also be made on Facebook and Twitter throughout the event duration.
Pasco County Opens Sandbag Stations
As Hurricane Michael approaches Florida, Pasco County Government is opening sandbag stations to help residents protect their property from potential flooding. Sandbag operations will begin today, Monday, October 8, 2018. The following locations will be open 24 hours a day, until further notice:
- Fire Station #17, 2951 Seven Springs Blvd, New Port Richey (Opens at 1 p.m.)
- Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Rd, Hudson (Opens at 1 p.m.)
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course Clubhouse, 7223 Massachusetts Ave, New Port Richey
- C-Barn, 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
* Note: Sandbag locations are self-serve and are open to Pasco County residents. Residents should be prepared to fill their own sandbags, although various sandbag sites might have inmate assistance available during normal business hours. Sandbags are provided, but residents are encouraged to bring their own shovels. Sand will be refilled only between the hours of 8 a.m. – to 5 p.m.
For more information about preparing for flooding, hurricanes or other disasters, you can go to the Pasco Emergency Management webpage at: www.pascoemergencymanagement.com.
The Pasco County Customer Service line is open today through 5 p.m. Please call 727.847.2411 with any questions or concerns.