Storm Preparations Urged for Tropical Storm Michael
Plan for storm surge; wind as Tropical Storm Michael approaches the Nature Coast
As Tropical Storm Michael approaches Florida, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus Counties are under a Tropical Storm Watch and a Storm Surge Watch until further notice.
Pasco County Government is urging everyone to make emergency preparations immediately.
All Pasco County residents should start preparing for what could potentially be a coastal flooding and high wind event.
Here are some suggestions:
- Have a plan for you and family members. (Accommodations, child/elder/pet care, etc.)
- Secure loose items around your home and yard. (Lawn chairs, umbrellas, trash cans, etc.)
- Stockpile disaster supplies including food, water, medications, batteries, flashlights, etc.
- Manufactured homes can only withstand winds of 70-90 mph. If you live in a manufactured home, monitor the storm’s path closely and consider evacuating, if necessary.
- Low-lying areas are prone to flooding. If you live in a low-lying area, monitor the storm’s path closely and consider evacuating, if necessary.
- Take photos of the contents of your home, and the exterior, in case you need to file an insurance claim.
- Maintain a list of important family numbers and contacts.
Retirees and other citizens who are able to, please consider relocating now to avoid traffic backups in case an evacuation is called for.
Be Prepared and Sign Up for Critical Emergency Alerts/Information: Get the latest information about the storm through the MyPasco App and Alert Pasco.
- Download the MyPasco App on Google Play or the App Store: http://bit.ly/2eHooYy
- Sign up for Alert Pasco here: http://egov.pascocountyfl.net/AlertPasco or on the MyPasco App.
- Know your evacuation zone, pack your disaster kit and prepare for flooding, hurricanes or other disasters all on the Pasco Emergency Management webpage at: pascoemergencymanagement.com.
- The Pasco County Customer Service line is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call 727.847.2411 with any questions or concerns.
Keeping you and your family safe through preparedness is our top priority. The Pasco County Division of Emergency Management encourages all Pasco County residents to review the Pasco County Disaster Planning Guide, which you can find here: bit.ly/PascoDisasterGuide.