Strawberries are now available for U-pick at JG Ranch
November is early for strawberries, but they are now available for U-pick and pre-picked at JG Ranch in Brooksville. The farm stand is also open weekends.
“We usually see the berries a few weeks later, but this year we planted lots of ready-to-grow berry plants and we have quite the crop,” Joan Casey shared on November 27, 2018, Fresh and sweet, this berry variety is a little smaller than those we grew in 2017, but boy are they sweet.”
Things to Know About Picking Strawberries
What to bring:
We have buckets for picking and bags for carrying your berries home.
Coolers are recommended for keeping berries cool for their trip home.
Dress appropriately for the current weather. Old shoes as it may be muddy.
Sunscreen and a hat for your protection from the sun.
Picnic areas are available for guests to use. You may want to pack a lunch.
- Drive 10 Miles per hour, be mindful of other cars.
- Do Not Enter when signs are posted “No Entry” or “Closed”.
- Watch Your Step, the ground may be uneven.
- Do Not jump over rows or on plants!
- Do Not walk in flooded rows!
- No Smoking or tobacco products in the field. (Use designated areas only)
- Wash your hands before eating and after feeding animals.
- No animals in the field.
JG Ranch accepts cash, checks, and credit cards!
The farm is open Friday through Sunday from 9am to 4pm. Location is 17200 Wiscon Rd in Brooksville, behind Brooksville hospital.
U-pick strawberries are $3.50 per pound. Pre-picked are available, as are other winter greens and vegetables.
Call the farm at 352-799-0556 for more information.