This is an updated notice of government office openings and closings resulting from Hurricane Irma impacts.
- Hernando County Government Center, 20 N. Main St. Brooksville:
The government center located at 20 N. Main Street in Brooksville will be OPEN starting Thursday, September 14, 2017. The City of Brooksville repaired the fire suppression system issue earlier than expected. The Tax Collector’s office will remain closed until further notice due to water damage. The 5th Judicial Circuit Court, Public Defenders Office and State Attorney’s Office is closed through Friday, September 15, 2017.
The Clerk of Circuit Court has cancelled jury duty for the week of September 11, 2017. Jurors do not need to report for jury duty. Call (352) 540-6399 or go to www.hernandoclerk.com/jury-duty for more information.
- Hernando County Utilities, 15365 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville:
OPEN to the public since electricity has been restored.
- City of Brooksville, 201 Howell Ave, Brooksville:
City Hall is OPEN.
- Health Department of Hernando County 7551 Forest Oaks Blvd, Spring Hill:
Offices will be closed through September 13, 2017. The Spring Hill site at 7551 Forest Oaks Blvd, Spring Hill will be open for limited services on September 14 and 15, 2017.
The Brooksville site at 300 S. Main St. Brooksville will be closed through Friday September 15, 2017.
- Hernando County Main Library:
Hernando County Main Library located at 238 Howell Ave. Brooksville is CLOSED.
- Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport Administration Building:
CLOSED to the public until Monday September 18, 2017, due to water damage.
- Animal Services 19450 Oliver St. Brooksville:
CLOSED to the public until Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
- Parks and Recreation:
All parks are CLOSED until further notice due to ongoing damage assessments.
- Building, Zoning, and Code Enforcement Departments located at 789 Providence Blvd:
All offices OPEN to the public.
- Hernando County Tourist Development 6131 Commercial Way, Weeki Wachee:
The Weeki Wachee office is closed until further notice.