Wildlife Park features Celebration of Lights through Dec. 26
Lights, decorations, music, and more create perfect holiday wonderland
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, along with the Friends of Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park, will host its annual Christmas Celebration of Lights, a seven-evening event, from Tuesday, Dec. 19 through Christmas Eve, Sunday, Dec. 24, 2017, and again on Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2017. The park will open at 5:30 p.m. on these evenings and will remain open until 9 p.m.
The Celebration of Lights will feature an all new synchronized light and sound display in the Garden of the Springs by Sebastian Hawes. Vicky Iozzia and Nills Anderson will host and present special appearances by our nightly entertainment. Holiday lights, decorations, music and refreshments will create the perfect setting for this holiday wonderland. The Wildside Café will be offering a selection of refreshments. The Friends will also be selling popcorn in the Garden of the Springs.
Sponsors: The Friends of Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park appreciate the event sponsorships of the Citrus County Chronicle, Lowe’s of Inverness, Walmart of Homosassa, Crystal Motor Car Company, Kane’s Ace Hardware, Cody’s Roadhouse, Citrus 95.3 FM, Classic Hits 96.7 FM, and WWJB 1450AM.
- Thursday, Dec. 21: Enjoy the music of Stan Prinston of the Flamingos. Santa and Mrs. Claus arrives to visit with the children. This evening’s entertainment is sponsored by Walmart of Homosassa.
- Friday, Dec. 22: Celebrate a Cajun Christmas with Cajun Dave sponsored by Kane’s Ace Hardware of Homosassa Springs. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on hand to visit with the children.
- Saturday, Dec. 23: The Park welcomes back the popular Hearts to Hands Deaf choir sponsored by Crystal Motor Car Company.
- Sunday, Dec. 24: The Nature Coast Community Church will present a non-denominational candlelight service in the Garden of the Springs. This evening is sponsored by Walmart of Homosassa.
- Tuesday, Dec. 26: Join us for an After-Christmas party with hosts Vicky Iozzia and Nills Anderson featuring entertainment by Billy “Elvis” Lindsey. The evening’s entertainment is sponsored by Cody’s Roadhouse.
A donation of $5 for adults and $2 for children ages 3 through 12 is suggested. Children age 2 and under are admitted free. For our visitors’ convenience, transportation will be provided by tram from the Visitor Center parking lot on U.S. 19 to the West entrance on Fishbowl Drive. For more information, call the park office at (352) 628-5343, Mondays through Fridays.
The event will take place 5:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. on Dec. 19 – 24, and Dec. 26, 2017 at the Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, 4150 S. Suncoast Boulevard, Homosassa, Florida.